UPDATE 3/28: This position has been filled so we are no longer taking applicants for it. Thanks for your interest!
The TradeSkillMaster team is a small group of gamers who love to learn new skills and constantly push the boundaries of what TradeSkillMaster can do for our users. What started as a small addon has grown into a comprehensive gold making addon, desktop application, and set of web-based tools and resources. We are driven by self-improvement and creating a great set of products and services for our users, while working in an efficient, but low-stress environment.
We are always exploring new ways to improve the experience we offer to our users. To that end, we are working on a new version of our desktop application and are looking to add a passionate JS developer to the team to get it across the finish line and shipped to our hundreds of thousands of users.
As a part of this role, you will be expected to work closely with other members of the team to implement new features, constantly improve the overall quality of the codebase, and drive the project towards initial release and beyond.
This position is part-time (we all have day jobs) and paid hourly. While we are looking for somebody to work on a specific project initially (our new desktop application), this position may be extended beyond that. The work will be purely remote with NA/EU time zones strongly preferred.
- Strong technical background in JS (React preferred) and good code design sense with an emphasis on UI and data processing
- A proven ability to work in established code bases as part of a team and self-motivation to constantly improve code quality and processes
- The tech stack for this project includes React, Redux. Electron, Socket.IO, Node.js, and Python (backend), so expertise with any or all of those
- An eagerness to learn about new technologies and jump into different areas of our overall tech stack (from in-game addon to backend infrastructure) as needed
- Experience with TradeSkillMaster and a passion for improving it
Ready to join us? Send me (Sapu) a message on Discord (https://discord.gg/woweconomy – if I’m AFK I’ll respond ASAP) or send me an email ([email protected]). Come prepared with your resume and any questions about the role you may have.